The Genesis of the Type Liberation Project
This is the photo I saw on a bullet casting website that started the project. I was so horrified at the idea of turning letters into ammunition that I ordered ten pounds of letterpress type from the websitesite. At the time I had little sense of what I ultimately wanted to do with the letters, but I knew that I had to do something to address the "barbarity" of the bullet makers.
Early in October the box of type arrived. To make sense of what was there and to decide about usefulness of the type, I started sorting. With the help of Sarah M Smith (http://olfactorypress.com), piles began to grow.